If you are passionate about SEO but don’t want to work in a traditional office environment, and the idea of helping to expand a small yet dynamic and ambitious business appeals, totalsurf is the one for you.
You must have experience in an SEO role either as a freelancer or within an SEO, design, web or marketing agency, having optimised at least 2 sites either yourself or as part of a team. If you have not worked as an SEO before, please do not apply for this job as this is not a role which would suit someone who has no previous experience.
You will be responsible for SEO projects early on and although training will be provided where needed, you need to understand your H1, LI and META tags along with canonical rels. If this doesn’t mean anything to you, please do not apply. If you can’t read a technical SEO audit and understand what it says, this is not a role for you.
£20,000 – £25,000, depending on experience.
Based in our dedicated studio building with its own facilities and own access, you should live within the Berkshire area or within an easily commutable distance. We are not looking to outsource this role, so please do not apply if you are not looking for a permanent position based in Reading.
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Childcare Vouchers, TechSave (save up to 35% on IT equipment), plus a wide range of discounts and ways to save money
- Devise and deliver SEO, running campaigns from the ground up, while understanding the importance of getting keyword research right
- Create analytical reports to understand the ongoing health of our websites and identify opportunities for improvement
- Input into the overall content of sites
- Represent the business at a weekly breakfast networking meeting (after a settling-in period)
- Help to deliver the growth strategy for the business
Key skill requirements
- At least one year’s experience in the industry, ideally two, resulting in a strong technical understanding of websites, CMS platforms and eCommerce
- Previous experience with Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of plug-ins: ‘Yoast’ is second nature to you, as is ‘All In One SEO’, but you have your own opinions of them both
- Basic web development experience, primarily in WordPress
- Good understanding of CSS and HTML
- Very good English writing abilities
- Ability to recognise and adapt language to fit different audiences
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
Desired but not essential
- Ability to code and create WordPress sites using templates
- A love of music, IT and tech!
- Positive, conscientious and highly self-motivated with a passion for helping sites to rank no. 1 on Google – and just a touch of competitiveness!
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personable and active in building working relationships, both internally and externally
- Proactive in resolving any issues that may occur
- You take pride in your work and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Innovative with a desire to educate other team members in new techniques and strategies
How to apply
If the above describes you, then it is a perfect match, as those are our values. Please get in touch with your CV and include a list of at least three sites you have optimised.
- Please describe each of the projects you have optimised (include the URLs), what the challenges were, what your solutions were and the keywords they rank well for.
- Please include your current salary and any package you may have.
- Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org